By: Jaffaman Eddie, Chief Copywriter, Business Engineer & Rockstar Celebrity Brander
Date: February 16th, 2015
Image courtesy of “Stuart Miles” at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I know, I know, I sound like a broken record but it has to be said, again
“Without marketing nothing happens”
Well, without marketing no-one knows your product or services exists. Without marketing you won’t get any clients or referrals. And of course, without marketing, you won’t make any dough!
But it’s always intrigued me why so many people in business would rather put time, effort and money into building a business operations system instead of putting those resources towards a system that brings new and repeat clients and cashflow in.
So I did an little Indiana Jones and decided to survey my own clients throughout 2014 about this and here’s the results.
1. They haven’t got the results they want or were told they would get
2. They’re time poor and always looking for some magic bullet
3. They’re under-resourced or not sure how to execute marketing effectively
4. They’re not sure whom their prime audience is or where they are looking
5. They buy advertising and marketing because someone walks through their door or calls them out of the blue and offers it to them so they think why not, I’m not doing anything else
6. They have no marketing systems in place to create qualified leads and convert those leads into sales, upsell existing customers or create referrals
7. They’re reactive always focusing on getting new clients when they need to have a reason to advertise or market and support it with an important message and offer that is of use to their hottest target audience
8. They market where their hottest prospects are not looking
9. They’re overwhelmed with choice and what will bring them the best result
10. They want instant results
11. Their marketing messages are product focused instead of being benefit and what’s in it for me focused. The “whom” it is for is always more important than the “what” it is.
12. They use people or staff with little or no marketing or direct response copywriting experience to save a few bucks, do it once and because of poor results say it does not work.
13. The see or read various types of marketing strategies and say that wouldn’t work in my business without even testing it
14. They give up too easily
15. They try to be all things to all people. Riches and marketing success are in niches
Of course I’d love you to share your own thoughts or experiences below but keep it clean and useful thanks.
Until next time
Head Office Address: 18 Brendan Drive, Nerang, Qld, 4211 Australia
Phone: 0412 288 339